Monday, August 11, 2008

The Whisnants: Out Front

The Whisnants have been a group in the last few years that has received some well deserved recognition. I was in the bookstore the other day and ran across a CD of theirs entitled “Joy”. This is a project that’s been out of print for a while, I just happen to catch it on a sale rack. I recognized one of the songs that had been a chart song called “Nail it To the Cross” that not only is well executed vocally but has a great message. A couple other songs that deserve honorable mention is “Even in the Valley” and “What the Lord Has Done For Me”

At times the group seem a bit country, which I don’t particularly find appealing to my tastes, but it seems they have songs with good lyric and arrangements. The best vocalist of the group is Susan Whisnant. Her vocal seems to pull the blend together for the group. They have been picked up by the Harper Agency which has also seemed to help their exposure. Next, I'm just waiting for a label to pick them up to take them to the next level. The Whisnants are a group to keep your eyes on in the near future.

2 comments:

Steve - ShapingWorship.com said...

Hi Nathan. I found you on blogger under the listing "Worship Pastor." My name is Steve. I thought you might be interested in this free worship resource I made... www.ShapingWorship.com

Nathan Rogers said...

Thanks Steve--I'll check it out.